PD Event and 2013 Annual General Meeting
Over 160 MIA registered members, guests, and students attended the Professional Development Event and the 2013 MIA Annual General Meeting held April 4, 2013 at the William Glesby Centre in Portage la Prairie, MB.
Click 2012 Annual Report to download the document provided during the AGM and the Highlights of the Event which includes a gallery of photos.
MIA welcomes new Professional and Technical Agrologists
The Institute is pleased to welcome and congratulate individuals who are registered to practice Agrology and have recently achieved full professional status:
- David Chappellaz, Tech. Ag. - JL Agronomics
- Derrick Chomokovski, P. Ag. - MAFRI
- Michael Weir, P. Ag. - Pioneer Hybrid
- Brian Voth, P.Ag. - Agri-Trend Marketing Inc.
- Jennifer Melnychenko, P.Ag. - Crop Production Services (Canada)
- Andrea Arbuckle, P. Ag. - MAFRI
- Yi Zhang, P.Ag. - MAFRI
- Waraidzo Chiyoka, P.Ag. - Stantec Consulting Ltd.
- Connie-Dawn Dueck, P.Ag. - Assiniboine Community College
- Shambhu Katel, P.Ag.
- Sharon Ardron, P.Ag. - MAFRI
- Dean McCowan, P.Ag. - Self-Employed
All registered agrologists must meet the required education standard to qualify for registration and must also successfully complete other professional practice requirements to gain the legal right to practice agrology in Manitoba.